A downloadable Unity Asset for Windows
VRKeys is an open source keyboard interface for single-line text input in VR, made in Unity.
- Works with both Oculus Touch and HTC Vive
- Drum-style keyboard input
- Shift key for capitalization and special characters
- Special @ and .com keys
- Easy input validation, info, and confirmation messages
- Ability to enable/disable input while validating or submitting
- Alternate keyboard layouts for i18n (Dvorak & Azerty for French included)
- Demo scene shows how to integrate into your own projects.
Try it out
Demo builds for both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift are available here.
To replace the Oculus Audio SDK with an alternate spatializer, just remove ONSP Audio Source from the Sphere object under LeftMallet and RightMallet.
- Install the prerequisites above
- Download and import VRKeys
- Open Assets/VRKeys/Scenes/VRKeys Example.unity to see a working example scene
|Published||Nov 22, 2017|
|Author||The Campfire Union|
|Made with||Unity, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive|
|Tags||htc-vive, input, keyboard, Oculus Rift, text-input, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Oculus Rift, HTC Vive|
|Links||Unity Asset Store Page, GitHub Page|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.